Phone number: (814) 574 1772
Party affiliation: Democratic
Campaign website: https://www.facebook.com/WayneLewisNJ/
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/WayneLewisNJ/
Date of birth: 7/4/1966
Education: BS biochemistry, MS developmental biology, MS mathematics
Occupation: Poker Player, investor, Independent Researcher
Public/Party service: N/A
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
Yes. I think the current system biases towards voting along straight party lines rather than demanding the voter to evaluate candidates on their own merits.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
Yes. I support automatic registration for all voters of legal age and open primaries.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
Yes. Gerrymandering by both parties is severely hampering authentic representation.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?