Simone Jelks-Bandison – LD34 Assembly candidate
Education: BSW, Minor in Fine Arts, PCT, EKG, CMA, CPT, Notary
Occupation: Per Diem Teacher
Public/Party service: Not provided
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
Yes. 52:27EE-86 needs to be reversed. This department/position needs to be reestablished independent of appointment. People need to be able to pick the people that are charged with making the government and its agencies accountable including but not limited to the EDA.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
Yes. I support Clean Elections
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?