Date of Birth: 02/24/1955
Education: BS Food Science & Nutrition, Univ. of Minnesota, MBA, Carlson School of Management, Univ. of Minnesota
Public/Party service: Family Mentor, Morris County Family Services American Heart Association; Volunteer & Fundraiser Boy Scouts of America Committee Chair Troop 7; Family Promise OverNight Volunteer*; Southern Ocean County Animal Shelter Volunteer*; Co-chair Heritage Point Social Committee*; Neighborhood Watch Block Captain*
* Signfies current activity
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
Yes. We need to revamp our districting and consider implementing Wards in Barnegat.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
It depends. I would need to explore this concept further.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
It depends. I would not support this if it placed an undue burden on our middle and lower income families.
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?