Phone number: 9084519988
Party affiliation: Republican Party
Campaign website: N/A
Social media: Facebook: PatQ for Dist22
Date of Birth: 11/11/1950
Education: HS Grad 1968, Taylor Business Institute – Fashion Merchandising
Occupation: Retired – headhunter – 25 yrs. Marketing, Sales and Banking/finance disciplines.
Public/Party service: Mayor Garwood Borough 1/2011 thru 12/2014, Councilwoman, Rep. State Committee/ Union Cty, Associate Vice Chair Union Cty Rep. Committe, Leader UC Domestic Violence Crisis Intervention Team, Garwood Public Celebrations Committee Chair 5 years. Garwood Lions International President and Secy.
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
It depends. I would probably support the measure providing that photo ID is required.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
Yes. Many districts now have been gerrymandered.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
No. I fail to see where my personal income tax returns and other financial information would limit corruption or regulate a campaign.
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
It depends. In theory this plan sounds great however, it also appears to be rather cumbersome.
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?
It depends. Giving this some thought I do not think that inhibiting an elected persons ability to earn a living, the salary would have to be increased considerably.