Michael Ruger – candidate for Hopewell Township Committee
Phone number: 609-731-2955
Date of Birth: 04/21/1963
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/kuchinskiruger/
Education: BA, Political Science and Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University; JD, Georgetown University Law Center
Occupation: Vice President, Government Affairs, Comcast
Party affiliation: Democratic
Public/Party service: Member, Hopewell Township Finance Advisory Committee and Environmental Commission
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? Yes.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? It depends.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? Yes.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes.
- Would you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature? Yes.
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? Yes.
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? Yes.