Lisa McCormick – Candidate for Union County Surrogate
Phone number: 7323401980
Party affiliation: Democratic Party
Campaign website: www.lisamccormick.org
Social media: https://twitter.com/LisaMcCormickNJ/ https://www.facebook.com/lisa.mccormick.nj.usa
Date of Birth: 02/03/1969
Education: I studied Industrial Engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), earned a certificate in office administration from Cittone Institute and graduated from John P. Stevens High School in Edison Township.
Public/Party service: I won key victories as a progressive activist fighting for justice and advocating smart & honest policies, like breaking up big banks, stopping corporate tax dodgers, Medicare for all and expanding free public education. I believe that persistence is required and I am willing to go the distance. I stood up against Wall Street billionaires trying to buy control over the Democratic Party. I fought corrupt insiders who rob millions from taxpayers through no-bid contracts and other crooked deals. I was the only Democrat in New Jersey to challenge the US Senator indicted by the Obama administration and ‘severely admonished’ by the US Senate Ethics Committee.
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?