Linda Goldman – candidate for Medford, Burlington County Town Council
Phone number: 609 304 4086
Date of Birth: 01/24/61
Campaign website: www.medfordforall.com
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/MedfordForAll/
Party affiliation: Democratic
Public/Party service: Advocate for Environmental and Human Rights
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? Yes. We are watching more and more vulnerable people be neglected.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? Yes.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? Yes.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes.
- Would you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature? Yes.
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? It may be very difficult to recruit good candidates due to financial hardship.
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? Yes.