Laura Shaw – LD23 Assembly candidate
Phone number: 908-693-2720
Date of birth: 5/25/1960
Campaign website: http://www.shaw4assembly.com/
Social media: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shawlauraj/ Twitter: @shawlauraj
Education: BA of Science from Rice University, Double Major – Computer Science and Math Science. Masters of Science in Computer Science – Perdue University
Party affiliation: Democratic
Public/Party service: Municipal Chair of the Clinton Township Democratic Committee.
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? Yes.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? Yes.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? Yes.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes.
- Would you support instituting public funding for all statewide offices, including the legislature? Yes.
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? No.
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? Yes.