JoAnne Bruno – Candidate for Council, Hamilton Township, Mercer County
Phone number: 609-217-0802
Party affiliation: Democratic Party
Campaign website: Not provided
Social media: Not provided
Date of Birth: October 28
Education: BS+ Rider University
Occupation: Retired Educator of Business Education
Public/Party service: Mercer County Committeewoman
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
Yes. The sample shows exactly how a ballot should look with all candidates from each party in the column.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
Yes. I would love to see the day I have to wait in line to vote.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
Yes. Unfair is all D’s or Rs = shenanigans
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
Yes. Eliminate nepotism and political hacks
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
Yes. Get dark $ out of our political system
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?
It depends. We should hire full-time workers only if it isn’t part time work for full pay.