Jessica Deutsch – Candidate for Princeton School District Board of Education
Phone number: 908-208-3235
Date of birth: 12/20/1968
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/jess4PPS
Education: I have a Masters in Education from the Harvard Graduate School of Education, a Masters in Social Work from Rutgers, and a Bachelors in English and American Studies from Princeton. I attended public schools in Warren, NJ.
Occupation: Educational Advisor
Public service: I have never held public office before. However, I’ve been a Board Member of the 101 Fund, HiTops, and The Princeton Public Library.
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? Yes.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? Yes.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? Yes.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes.
- Would you support instituting public funding for all statewide offices, including the legislature? Yes.
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? No.
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? Yes.