Holly Johnson – candidate for Cranbury County Committee member
Phone number: 732-666-4274
Party affiliation: Democratic Party
Campaign website: www.hollyforcranbury.org
Social media: https://twitter.com/holly4cranbury https://www.facebook.com/hollyforcranburyDCC
Date of Birth: 1977
Education: BA from Cornell with Honors 2001, MFA in Writing from Vermont College of Fine Arts 2004
Occupation: Professor of English and Journalism
Public/Party service: Not provided
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected?
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting)?
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process?
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption?
It depends. I would make an exception for candidates running for local township or municipal offices.
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position?
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations?
- Do you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature?
- Do you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions?
It depends. I am not familiar enough with this issue to give an educated response.