Emma Mammano – LD10 Senate candidate
Phone number: (732) 701-7230
Date of Birth: 9/26/76
Campaign website: www.emmafornjsenate.com
Social media: Twitter: Emma4NJSenate Instagram: EmmaforNJSenate Facebook: EmmforNJSenate
Education: I have a BA in Psychology and Dance from Hamilton College in Clinton, NY. I have a Master’s Degree in Child Psychology from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL and a Master’s in Professional Counseling from Monmouth University in West Long Branch, NJ.
Occupation: Yoga Teacher and Stay at Home Mom
Party affiliation: Democratic
Public/Party service: I am new to politics but have been serving people as a mental health counselor for numerous years.
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? Yes.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? Yes.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? Yes.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes.
- Would you support public funding of campaigns for all statewide offices, including the legislature? Yes.
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? Yes.
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? It depends.