Jenny Ludmer – Candidate for Princeton School District Board of Education
Phone number: 609-235-8962
Campaign website: LudmerForBOE.org
Social media: http://fb.me/LudmerForBOE
Date of birth: 08/28/1972
Education: In 1999, I achieved a Masters by Thesis at University of California, Los Angeles with a major in Physiological Science. My Bachelor of Science was given in 1994 by James Madison University with a major in Biology and a minor in Psychology.
Occupation: Full-time Volunteer
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? There are pros and cons to this issue. If I were ever to run for a statewide election, I will make a decision in this regard. For now, I am running for Board of Education in Princeton, NJ.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? Yes
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? Yes.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes
- Would you support instituting public funding for all statewide offices, including the legislature? Yes
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? Yes
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? Yes.