Andrew Zwicker – LD16 Assembly candidate
Phone number: 406-459-3019
Date of birth: 05/17/1964
Campaign website: www.andrewzwicker.com
Social media: twitter= @AndrewZwicker, FB= @AndrewZwickerNJ
Education: Ph.D. in Physics, Johns Hopkins University
Occupation: Head of Science Education, Princeton University, Plasma Physics Lab
Party affiliation: Democratic
Public/Party service: Member of NJ General Assembly, 2016 – Present
Position on good government initiatives:
- Would you support reinstituting the statewide public advocate and making it a directly elected position? Yes.
- Would you support measures to increase voter participation (eg. same-day registration, early voting, vote by mail)? Yes.
- Would you support ethics reforms that would require broader disclosure on financial information and the release of income taxes by candidates for public office, as a means for regulating campaigns and limiting corruption? Yes.
- Would you support changing the nominating process for members of state-wide Commissions and Boards to have panels of nonpartisan experts nominate candidates, with full public disclosure of the candidates’ credentials, and to have the legislature vote on the nominations? Yes.
- Would you support placing a nonpartisan commission in charge of the legislative redistricting process? Yes.
- Would you support instituting public funding for all statewide offices, including the legislature? Yes.
- Would you support making the state legislature full-time and prohibiting simultaneous holding of other paid positions? No. To make it full time it would also be necessary to increase salaries and add to the state budget. It would also force Legislators to give up their current positions and then have to search for a new position when they returned to the private sector.
- Would you support reforming New Jersey’s Primary electoral ballots to give all candidates an equal chance of being elected? Yes.